Ruma and the Matrix Communication Protocol: An Interview with Jimmy CuadraPosted Thu, 08 Aug 2019 11:45:00 +0000Discussion on Reddit
- Twitter: @rustaceanfm
- Discord: Rustacean Station
- Github: @rustacean-station
- Email: email@example.com
Timestamps & referenced resources
- [@01:35] - Meet Jimmy Cuadra
- [@04:46] - How did you get into Rust?
- [@08:47] - What is Matrix?
- [@14:32] - Why “Matrix”?
- [@16:44] - What forms of communication does Matrix enable?
- [@17:59] - What pieces of Matrix does Ruma implement?
- [@20:27] - Why did you decide to use Rust?
- [@23:52] - How challenging has Ruma been to implement?
- [@30:27] - What libraries does Ruma leverage?
- [@34:02] - If you could start all over again, what would you do differently?
- [@38:57] - Does Ruma use any unstable Rust features? Has it previously?
- [@42:30] - What other implementations of Matrix exist?
- [@46:42] - How difficult to implement is the Matrix specification?
- [@52:59] - How close to maturity is Ruma?
Intro Theme: Aerocity
Audio Editing: Reece McMillin
Hosting Infrastructure: Jon Gjengset
Show Notes: Ben Striegel
Hosts: Abdou Seck, Ben Striegel