What's New in Rust 1.39Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2019 18:00:00 +0000Discussion on RedditEpisode Transcript
Jon and Ben review the long-awaited changes in Rust 1.39.
Contributing to Rustacean Station
Rustacean Station is a community project; get in touch with us if you’d like to be interviewed, propose a topic for an episode, or help create the podcast itself!
- Twitter: @rustaceanfm
- Discord: Rustacean Station
- Github: @rustacean-station
- Email: email@example.com
Timestamps & referenced resources
- [@1:03] - References to by-move bindings in match guards
- [@2:44] - Attributes on function parameters
- [@7:01] - Borrow check migration warnings are hard errors in Rust 2018
- [@10:15] - More const fns in the standard library
- [@14:16] - Improvements to
- [@16:22] - rustup 1.20.0
- [@19:32] - Stable async/await
- [@34:42] - What’s next in Rust?
- [@36:20] - A public call for feedback for the Rust 2020 Development Roadmap
Intro Theme: Aerocity
Audio Editing: Jeremy Jung
Hosting Infrastructure: Jon Gjengset
Show Notes: Ben Striegel
Hosts: Jon Gjengset and Ben Striegel