Creating Static Sites in Rust with Vincent ProuilletPosted Thu, 19 Dec 2019 23:00:00 +0000 Discussion on Reddit
Contributing to Rustacean Station
Rustacean Station is a community project; get in touch with us if you’d like to be interviewed, propose a topic for an episode, or help create the podcast itself!
- Twitter: @rustaceanfm
- Discord: Rustacean Station
- Github: @rustacean-station
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- [@00:59] - What’s a static site generator?
- [@03:52] - How easy is it to build and edit a site?
- [@07:58] - Why create a new static site generator?
- [@12:35] - The Tera template engine and Vincent’s experience building it
- [@17:53] - Creating filters and tests to use with Tera
- [@24:29] - What’s a taxonomy?
- [@25:48] - Mapping content to URLs
- [@30:53] - The experience of being an open source maintainer
- [@33:57] - Rust crates and features used by Zola
- [@36:57] - How the Rust ecosystem ensured fast performance
- [@40:35] - Is Rust ready for web applications?
- [@43:25] - What applications are best suited to Rust now?
- [@46:50] - Issues or things you wish existed in Rust?
- [@51:08] - Helping out with Zola
References and Resources
Tools/Crates used by Zola
- pulldown-cmark (Markdown)
- syntec (Syntax highlighting using Sublime Text definitions)
- rayon (Parallel computation)
- heaptrack (Memory Profiler)
Static Site Hosts
Crates for Web Applications
Compiled Template Engines
Runtime Template Engines
Static Site Generators
Intro Theme: Aerocity
Audio Editing: Jeremy Jung
Hosting Infrastructure: Jon Gjengset
Show Notes: Ben Striegel
Hosts: Jeremy Jung