Double Feature: Jan-Erik Rediger on RustFest & Lucio Franco on the Tonic gRPC frameworkPosted Fri, 10 Jan 2020 19:30:00 +0000Discussion on RedditEpisode Transcript
Two more interviews from RustFest 2019, first with lead RustFest organizer Jan-Erik Rediger and second with Tokio contributor Lucio Franco on the Tower gRPC framework.
Contributing to Rustacean Station
Rustacean Station is a community project; get in touch with us if you’d like to be interviewed, propose a topic for an episode, or help with hosting or audio editing!
- Twitter: @rustaceanfm
- Discord: Rustacean Station
- Github: @rustacean-station
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Timestamps & referenced resources
[@00:00] Part 1: RustFest w/ Jan-Erik Rediger
- [@00:43] - Who were the original founders of RustFest and what is the history of the conference?
- [@06:04] - What is timeline like for organizing a conference of this scale and what has been your experience with organizing RustFest?
[@12:04] Part 2: Tonic w/ Lucio Franco
- [@12:52] - What is Tonic?
- [@13:38] - What is gRPC?
- [@14:57] - What is Tonic/gRPC useful for?
- [@16:05] - How is Tonic related to Tower and Tokio?
- [@22:11] - What are you using Tonic for?
- [@25:13] - How can people learn more about Tonic and get involved?
Intro Theme: Aerocity
Audio Editing: Jeremy Jung
Hosting Infrastructure: Jon Gjengset
Show Notes: Ben Striegel
Host: Ben Striegel