RustFest Interviews Triple Feature: Rust Release Engineering; Developing the Developer Tools; Rust in Latin AmericaPosted Fri, 07 Feb 2020 20:00:00 +0000Discussion on RedditEpisode Transcript
Another trio of interviews from RustFest 2019: Pietro Albini on Crater and the Rust Infrastructure Team; Pascal Hertleif on the Rust Developer Tools Team; and Santiago Pastorino on the Rust Latam conference in Latin America.
Contributing to Rustacean Station
Rustacean Station is a community project; get in touch with us if you’d like to suggest an idea for an episode or offer your services as a host or audio editor!
- Twitter: @rustaceanfm
- Discord: Rustacean Station
- Github: @rustacean-station
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Timestamps & referenced resources
[@00:00] Part 1: Crater & Rust Release Infrastructure w/ Pietro Albini
- [@01:01] - What is your role in the Rust project?
- [@01:46] - What lessons did the infrastructure team learn from the Rust 2018 release?
- [@03:29] - How do you feel about potential future Rust editions in 2021 or beyond?
- [@06:26] - Do you think Rust’s regular release cycle too fast or too slow?
- [@08:56] - How does Crater guard against language regressions, and what things doesn’t it catch?
- [@11:12] - How has Crater scaled as the ecosystem has grown, and is it at risk of becoming infeasible to run?
- [@16:17] - How can someone get involved with the Infrastructure Team?
[@17:25] Part 2: Developer Tools w/ Pascal Hertleif
- [@18:23] - What is the Developer Tools Team?
- [@19:39] - What tools is the Developer Tools Team responsible for, and what purposes do they serve?
- [@24:46] - Which tools in particular would you like to draw attention to?
- [@26:19] - How does rust-analyzer compare to RLS?
- [@29:42] - How does the Developer Tools Team coordinate?
- [@32:00] - How was your experience at RustFest this year?
[@36:21] Part 3: Rust Latam w/ Santiago Pastorino
- [@36:46] - What is Rust Latam?
- [@37:42] - What inspired you to start a Rust conference in Latin America?
- [@39:06] - How big is Rust Latam?
- [@40:15] - What is interest in Rust like in Latin America?
- [@42:42] - What is the broader software industry like in Latin America?
- [@44:59] - What’s next for Rust Latam?
- [@45:42] - How did you get into Rust?
- [@50:17] - What venues are there for Spanish or Portuguese-speaking Rust users?
- [@51:34] - How can someone learn more about Rust Latam?
Intro Theme: Aerocity
Audio Editing: Zoran Zaric
Hosting Infrastructure: Jon Gjengset
Show Notes: Ben Striegel
Hosts: Ben Striegel