RustFest 2019 Interview Series: Burnout in Open Source Software; The Rust RoadmapPosted Tue, 04 Aug 2020 00:00:00 +0000
Two more long-awaited interviews from RustFest 2019: Katharina Fey on the phenomenon of burnout in software and in open source communities and Florian Gilcher on Rust’s annual roadmaps.
Contributing to Rustacean Station
Rustacean Station is a community project; get in touch with us if you’d like to suggest an idea for an episode or offer your services as a host or audio editor!
- Twitter: @rustaceanfm
- Discord: Rustacean Station
- Github: @rustacean-station
- Email: email@example.com
Timestamps & referenced resources
[@00:50] Part 1: Burnout w/ Katharina Fey
- [@01:54] - How common is burnout in software?
- [@03:24] - How does burnout manifest in volunteer endeavors like open source software?
- [@08:10] - How does rotation of responsibilities alleviate burnout?
- [@13:41] - What communities succeed at combating burnout?
- [@16:44] - Final thoughts on burnout and governance
[@19:50] Part 2: The Rust Roadmap w/ Florian Gilcher
Intro Theme: Aerocity
Audio Editing: Eddy Petrisor
Hosting Infrastructure: Jon Gjengset
Show Notes: Ben Striegel