Gleam with Louis PilfoldPosted Fri, 01 Oct 2021 16:00:00 +0000
Allen Wyma talks with Louis Pilfold, the creator and lead designer of Gleam.
Contributing to Rustacean Station
Rustacean Station is a community project; get in touch with us if you’d like to suggest an idea for an episode or offer your services as a host or audio editor!
- Twitter: @rustaceanfm
- Discord: Rustacean Station
- Github: @rustacean-station
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- [@00:55] - Louis’s Bio
- [@02:15] - Erlang
- [@09:03] - Rust Project Manager, Cargo
- [@12:15] - Reason of using Rust to implement the compiler
- [@19:01] - Why Erlang?
- [@23:07] - Erlang programming model
- [@27:45] - How does Gleam work?
- [@31:07] - Problems with TypeScript
- [@33:38] - What is Erlang Dialyzer?
- [@38:06] - Changes to Gleam compiler
- [@44:47] - Gleam v0.17
- [@49:45] - Pros and Cons of using Rust as a compiler
- [@52:30] - Tips and Tricks for beginners
Intro Theme: Aerocity
Audio Editing: Plangora
Hosting Infrastructure: Jon Gjengset
Show Notes: Plangora
Hosts: Allen Wyma