PancakeDB with Martin LoncaricPosted Fri, 11 Mar 2022 17:30:00 +0000
Contributing to Rustacean Station
Rustacean Station is a community project; get in touch with us if you’d like to suggest an idea for an episode or offer your services as a host or audio editor!
- Twitter: @rustaceanfm
- Discord: Rustacean Station
- Github: @rustacean-station
- Email: email@example.com
- [@0:35] - Martin’s Bio
- [@1:30] - What is PancakeDB?
- [@5:48] - How does Pancake compare to CSV & Parquet?
- [@7:09] - Where did the idea of working on PancakeDB come from?
- [@9:25] - PancakeDB license & monetization
- [@14:00] - What makes PancakeDB so highly performant
- [@18:21] - How Martin got into Big Data
- [@21:22] - How PancakeDB addresses the data ingestion problem
- [@26:28] - Where did the name Pancake DB come from?
- [@27:42] - Recommended ways to implement data ingestion
- [@30:37] - Rust vs other languages when it comes to data processing
- [@34:05] - What brought Martin to Rust
- [@37:23] - How can Rust improve & Martin’s parting thoughts
Intro Theme: Aerocity
Audio Editing: Plangora
Hosting Infrastructure: Jon Gjengset
Show Notes: Plangora
Hosts: Allen Wyma