Rust Servers, Services, and Apps with Prabhu EshwarlaPosted Fri, 25 Mar 2022 15:30:00 +0000
Allen Wyma talks with Prabhu Eshwarla, author of Rust Servers, Services, and Apps. Rust Servers, Services, and Apps teaches you how to build web servers, RESTful services, server-rendered apps, and client front-ends in Rust.
Contributing to Rustacean Station
Rustacean Station is a community project; get in touch with us if you’d like to suggest an idea for an episode or offer your services as a host or audio editor!
- Twitter: @rustaceanfm
- Discord: Rustacean Station
- Github: @rustacean-station
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- [@0:49] - Prabhu’s Introduction
- [@1:28] - Elixir vs Rust
- [@4:20] - Prabhu’s Phoenix experience
- [@8:09] - What is required to do web development?
- [@25:09] - Java vs Rust
- [@29:07] - Asynchronous programming vs multithreading
- [@34:13] - Why Rust is a good choice for blockchain
- [@42:12] - What is Blockchain?
- [@53:34] - Next generation of blockchain - Assests, NFTs, Data Storage
- [@1:02:50] - Why Prabhu thinks Rust is the right language for web development
- [@1:04:42] - Prabhu’s tips for people who are beginners in Rust
- [@1:09:42] - Prabhu’s book and parting thoughts.
Intro Theme: Aerocity
Audio Editing: Plangora
Hosting Infrastructure: Jon Gjengset
Show Notes: Plangora
Hosts: Allen Wyma