Armin Ronacher on experimental deserialization with DeserPosted Fri, 15 Apr 2022 15:30:00 +0000
Contributing to Rustacean Station
Rustacean Station is a community project; get in touch with us if you’d like to suggest an idea for an episode or offer your services as a host or audio editor!
- Twitter: @rustaceanfm
- Discord: Rustacean Station
- Github: @rustacean-station
- Email: email@example.com
- [@0:50] - Armin’s background
- [@2:49] - The difference between Jinja & Jinja2
- [@3:47] - What is Twig?
- [@4:14] - Where did the names Jinja & Twig come from?
- [@7:36] - What makes Jinja2 good in portablility?
- [@12:46] - Armin’s programming history
- [@16:07] - How did Armin go from Delphi to Python?
- [@19:18] - The Pocoo team
- [@23:25] - When did Armin start using Rust?
- [@27:26] - The pros & cons of mixing Python and Rust together
- [@36:14] - Stacktrace errors
- [@41:41] - How does Armin deal with developers having different compilers in a working environment.
- [@45:57] - Armin talks about Serde and other serialization challenges
- [@55:33] - Serialization Frameworks
- [@1:04:23] - Where to check out Armin’s library: https://github.com/mitsuhiko/deser
- [@1:07:34] - Armin’s tips and tricks for people starting in Rust
Intro Theme: Aerocity
Audio Editing: Plangora
Hosting Infrastructure: Jon Gjengset
Show Notes: Plangora
Hosts: Allen Wyma