clap with Ed PagePosted Sun, 24 Apr 2022 01:25:00 +0000
Contributing to Rustacean Station
Rustacean Station is a community project; get in touch with us if you’d like to suggest an idea for an episode or offer your services as a host or audio editor!
- Twitter: @rustaceanfm
- Discord: Rustacean Station
- Github: @rustacean-station
- Email: email@example.com
- [@0:41] - Ed’s introduction of clap
- [@3:09] - What makes clap better than other parsing solutions?
- [@7:30] - Ed’s programming background
- [@10:10] - Ed’s comparison of Rust vs other programming languages
- [@14:06] - Ed and his team’s participation in the Rust community
- [@22:07] - Futurewei’s Rust development efforts
- [@26:51] - How did Ed start in Rust and what took him to clap
- [@32:05] - How does clap handle customization.
- [@34:28] - clap’s 3.0 & 3.1 release
- [@42:03] - What are the future plans for clap
- [@47:40] - argparse vs Click
- [@51:34] - Ongoing plans for clap’s improvement
- [@53:45] - Ed’s efforts on keeping CLI alive
- [@56:09] - What is cargo-script?
- [@1:03:12] - Ed’s view about the state of education in Rust
- [@1:08:06] - Ed’s tips and tricks for beginners.
Intro Theme: Aerocity
Audio Editing: Plangora
Hosting Infrastructure: Jon Gjengset
Show Notes: Plangora
Hosts: Allen Wyma