Game Development with Rust and WebAssembly with Eric SmithPosted Fri, 29 Apr 2022 15:30:00 +0000
Allen Wyma talks with Eric Smith, author of Game Development with Rust and WebAssembly. Game Development with Rust and WebAssembly teaches you how to make games for the web, using Rust and WebAssembly.
Contributing to Rustacean Station
Rustacean Station is a community project; get in touch with us if you’d like to suggest an idea for an episode or offer your services as a host or audio editor!
- Twitter: @rustaceanfm
- Discord: Rustacean Station
- Github: @rustacean-station
- Email: email@example.com
- [@0:59] - Eric’s introduction
- [@3:26] - Eric’s experience using Rust vs other programming languages
- [@9:20] - What makes Rust appealing?
- [@11:32] - Why Rust is becoming a good language for game development.
- [@13:47] - Comparison of different game engines
- [@19:48] - Insights on Rust game development
- [@26:06] - Eric talks about his book — Game Development with Rust and WebAssembly
- [@29:17] - WebAssembly versus other platforms
- [@41:29] - Eric’s writing process
- [@43:24] - Is Rust web ready?
- [@50:19] - Parting thoughts and where to check out Eric’s book
Intro Theme: Aerocity
Audio Editing: Plangora
Hosting Infrastructure: Jon Gjengset
Show Notes: Plangora
Hosts: Allen Wyma