Rust Safety with Quentin Ochem and Florian GilcherPosted Sun, 08 May 2022 16:55:00 +0000
Allen Wyma talks with Quentin Ochem, Lead of Product Management and Business Development at AdaCore and Florian Gilcher, Managing Director at Ferrous Systems. Rust use in safety-critical industries is becoming more and more desired from users. Allen, Quentin, and Florian discuss the recent partnership between AdaCore and Ferrous Systems.
Contributing to Rustacean Station
Rustacean Station is a community project; get in touch with us if you’d like to suggest an idea for an episode or offer your services as a host or audio editor!
- Twitter: @rustaceanfm
- Discord: Rustacean Station
- Github: @rustacean-station
- Email: email@example.com
- [@1:46] - What is Ferrocene?
- [@6:08] - Why does Ferrocene need to exist?
- [@10:18] - How can Ferrocene help industries that require high-quality security?
- [@16:14] - Why AdaCore decided to support Rust.
- [@21:25] - Does Ada use a VM?
- [@24:06] - What brought Quentin & Florian together to work on Rust?
- [@30:52] - What are the changes that came along with AdaCore and Ferrous Systems’ partnership?
- [@40:46] - How in demand is AdaCore and Ferrous System with their customers in different industries?
- [@47:01] - AdaCore and Ferrous System’s quality management
- [@49:35] - Quentin & Florian’s parting thoughts.
Intro Theme: Aerocity
Audio Editing: Plangora
Hosting Infrastructure: Jon Gjengset
Show Notes: Plangora
Hosts: Allen Wyma