Cloudflare with Adam ChalmersPosted Sat, 04 Feb 2023 16:46:00 +0000
Allen Wyma talks with Adam Chalmers, software engineer at Cloudflare, which is a global network of servers located around the world, that uses Rust to help power and secure the internet.
Contributing to Rustacean Station
Rustacean Station is a community project; get in touch with us if you’d like to suggest an idea for an episode or offer your services as a host or audio editor!
- Twitter: @rustaceanfm
- Discord: Rustacean Station
- Github: @rustacean-station
- Email: email@example.com
- [@0:00] - Introduction to Cloudflare
- [@3:57] - Cloudflare’s edge computing
- [@7:56] - Running Rust binary on Cloudflare
- [@10:36] - Adams’ background and work history
- [@15:12] - How does Cloudflare provide web security?
- [@32:30] - Cloudflare’s transition and rewriting from C to Rust
- [@37:12] - Cloudflare’s data plane and control plane
- [@43:00] - Hacking and security issues on Apple and other devices
- [@50:56] - How does Cloudflare handle onboarding people to Rust
- [@1:00:09] - The importance of Rust’s performance and reliability for Cloudflare
- [@1:05:07] - Parting thoughts
Intro Theme: Aerocity
Audio Editing: Plangora
Hosting Infrastructure: Jon Gjengset
Show Notes: Plangora
Hosts: Allen Wyma