Zig with Andrew KelleyPosted Fri, 24 Jun 2022 16:05:00 +0000
Contributing to Rustacean Station
Rustacean Station is a community project; get in touch with us if you’d like to suggest an idea for an episode or offer your services as a host or audio editor!
- Twitter: @rustaceanfm
- Discord: Rustacean Station
- Github: @rustacean-station
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- [@0:51] - Andrew’s introduction
- [@2:55] - Rust vs Zig
- [@5:27] - What is undefined behavior (UB) and what causes it?
- [@11:37] - How does Zig deal with undefined behavior?
- [@16:09] - How well does Zig work in production?
- [@22:46] - Deeper dive into Andrew’s programming background
- [@33:35] - Zig’s mission statement and what they’re doing as a non-profit
- [@37:38] - Zig’s update release management
- [@40:06] - Andrew’s OkCupid project
- [@42:20] - Andrew’s preparations and motivations for making a language
- [@46:11] - Zig using LLVM
- [@49:12] - What’s next for Zig?
- [@54:20] - Parting thoughts
Intro Theme: Aerocity
Audio Editing: Plangora
Hosting Infrastructure: Jon Gjengset
Show Notes: Plangora
Hosts: Allen Wyma