egui with Emil ErnerfeldtPosted Fri, 03 Jun 2022 15:30:00 +0000
Allen Wyma talks with Emil Ernerfeldt, creator of egui. egui is a simple, fast, and highly portable immediate mode GUI library for Rust. egui runs on the web, natively, and in your favorite game engine (or will soon).
Contributing to Rustacean Station
Rustacean Station is a community project; get in touch with us if you’d like to suggest an idea for an episode or offer your services as a host or audio editor!
- Twitter: @rustaceanfm
- Discord: Rustacean Station
- Github: @rustacean-station
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- [@0:41] - History of Emil’s last name “Ernerfeldt”
- [@1:25] - Getting Emil on this podcast
- [@4:06] - Emil’s Bio and egui
- [@11:52] - Building egui
- [@16:47] - Immediate mode
- [@26:27] - Knowing when to use egui
- [@31:35] - Parent-child contraints
- [@34:21] - Immediate mode is dynamic
- [@36:22] - Refresh rate and Continuous mode
- [@39:11] - Themes in egui
- [@39:59] - egui more for development or client side app?
- [@45:17] - Opinions on hiring people and Emil’s company
- [@49:09] - Opinions on products built by you vs built by others
- [@53:48] - Other GUIs
- [@56:54] - Future plans on egui
- [@58:45] - Anything else you want to mention?
Intro Theme: Aerocity
Audio Editing: Plangora
Hosting Infrastructure: Jon Gjengset
Show Notes: Plangora
Hosts: Allen Wyma