Rust at Microsoft with Nell Shamrell-HarringtonPosted Fri, 09 Sep 2022 08:10:00 +0000
Allen Wyma talks with Nell Shamrell-Harrington, Member Board of Directors at Rust Foundation and Principal Software Engineer at Microsoft about Microsoft’s use of Rust, her time being involved with Rust, and also the Rust RFC process..
Contributing to Rustacean Station
Rustacean Station is a community project; get in touch with us if you’d like to suggest an idea for an episode or offer your services as a host or audio editor!
- Twitter: @rustaceanfm
- Discord: Rustacean Station
- Github: @rustacean-station
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- [@1:30] - Nell’s Background and Introduction
- [@5:31] - Rust communities all over the world
- [@7:10] - Handling opinions, feedback and RFCs when making changes and updating a language
- [@11:23] - What is a RFC and how does it work?
- [@17:43] - Nell’s experience switching from Ruby to Rust
- [@19:56] - Nell’s career background
- [@24:18] - How the Rust Foundation operates
- [@24:20] - Rust Foundation’s sponsorship model
- [@33:08] - What Microsoft is currently working on with Rust
- [@42:22] - How much Rust is going into Windows
- [@44:25] - Is there a public long-term plan for Microsoft’s involvement with Rust?
- [@48:02] - Parting thoughts
Intro Theme: Aerocity
Audio Editing: Plangora
Hosting Infrastructure: Jon Gjengset
Show Notes: Plangora
Hosts: Allen Wyma