Kraken's migration to Rust microservices, with Rob EdePosted Thu, 19 Oct 2023 16:57:00 +0000
Contributing to Rustacean Station
Rustacean Station is a community project; get in touch with us if you’d like to suggest an idea for an episode or offer your services as a host or audio editor!
- Twitter: @rustaceanfm
- Discord: Rustacean Station
- Github: @rustacean-station
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Timestamps & referenced resources
- [@00:00] - Introduction
- [@00:36] - Start of the interview
- [@01:26] - What is Actix Web?
- [@06:34] - Kraken’s migration from Java to Rust
- [@10:09] - Benefits of Rust adoption at Kraken
- [@12:48] - Rust vs Java
- [@15:42] - Future improvements for Actix Web
- [@21:15] - Do Rust users become contributors?
- [@24:08] - The future of Rust and Actix Web
- [@30:46] - Recommendations for adopting Rust
- [@31:37] - Conclusion
Intro Theme: Aerocity
Audio Editing: Mainmatter
Hosting Infrastructure: Jon Gjengset
Show Notes: Mainmatter
Hosts: Marco Otto-Witte