SurrealDB with Tobie and Jamie MorganPosted Fri, 21 Apr 2023 15:46:00 +0000
Allen Wyma talks with Tobie and Jamie Morgan, creators of SurrealDB about why they switched to Rust.
Contributing to Rustacean Station
Rustacean Station is a community project; get in touch with us if you’d like to suggest an idea for an episode or offer your services as a host or audio editor!
- Twitter: @rustaceanfm
- Discord: Rustacean Station
- Github: @rustacean-station
- Email: email@example.com
- [@0:00] - Intro
- [@1:42] - What made SurrealDB switch from Go to Rust?
- [@4:51] - What is SurrealDB and why it was made?
- [@9:18] - How does SurrealDB store data?
- [@11:24] - SurrealDB and WebAssembly
- [@13:25] - SurrealDB limitations running in the browser
- [@14:09] - Running SurrealDB in the cloud
- [@15:37] - Advantage of SurrealDB over other services
- [@16:35] - Transparency in SurrealDB
- [@18:37] - Encryption in SurrealDB
- [@19:26] - SurrealDB licensing and open-source
- [@25:45] - SurrealDB services and users
- [@28:57] - When not to use SurrealDB?
- [@31:34] - Parting thoughts
Intro Theme: Aerocity
Audio Editing: Plangora
Hosting Infrastructure: Jon Gjengset
Show Notes: Plangora
Hosts: Allen Wyma