Asynchronous Rust with Tyler MandryPosted Mon, 18 Jul 2022 07:10:00 +0000
Contributing to Rustacean Station
Rustacean Station is a community project; get in touch with us if you’d like to suggest an idea for an episode or offer your services as a host or audio editor!
- Twitter: @rustaceanfm
- Discord: Rustacean Station
- Github: @rustacean-station
- Email: email@example.com
- [@0:10] - Async Working Group introduction
- [@3:08] - Async progress over the past few years
- [@5:16] - The Fuchsia operating system and its goals
- [@6:19] - How much of Fushia is written in Rust?
- [@8:16] - The experience of using Rust in Fuchsia so far
- [@17:29] - Why are async runtimes not compatible with each other, and how might it be solved?
- [@23:06] - How does the working group handle feedback?
- [@25:33] - What’s the most important issue the working group is working on?
- [@32:45] - Different types of async runtimes
- [@34:36] - Turning synchronous into async
- [@39:36] - How did Tyler go from async C++ to async Rust?
- [@47:14] - Tyler’s code and documentation writing
- [@54:21] - Where to connect with Tyler
Intro Theme: Aerocity
Audio Editing: Plangora
Hosting Infrastructure: Jon Gjengset
Show Notes: Plangora
Hosts: Allen Wyma